Friday, April 19, 2013

Production At Last

So we've been about a week into production and, in fact, I am very happy about the progress my crew has made.  Although we may have our flaws, we have gotten so much done.  It wasn't until this week when we began having trouble.

As of our first week, our crew showed, our actors showed, and our shoots were longer than expected but still went as plan.  My main guy actors have been causing a bit of trouble.  My "Ramos" is a good actor and can fit the part, but he's just terrible at memorizing lines.  I've been going over the lines with him though and progress has been made.  My "Andrew" flaked on us for a day, but he's better with his lines.  I think I could of found a better guy to fit the part, but if he was capable of our schedule then all is good.  Our girl actors are dedicated, they have their lines and show up to every shoot so I couldn't be happier.  We need to do some reshoots and we had to reschedule quite a bit, but we'll be able to finish by next week still.  Just later than we expected.

As for my crew, I'm happy with them for the majority.  My producer is very responsible and is capable of organizing everybody.  My D.P. is good at what he does, but we've made sure he pays more attention to the focus of the shots and the steadiness of his hands.  He gets a little distracted here and there, but a firm voice can get him working again.  My on-set sound guy is also dedicated.  He shows up to every shoot even when he wasn't initially needed due to technical difficulties. I am a little worried about my post-production sound crew, but I think since things have become a bit more tight, with attendance sheet and all, they'll be a bit more dedicated to this project.

I think our project has the capability of being one of the best, and I want to make it the best.  All I can hope is the shoots for the next coming week goes as planned.

1 comment:

  1. I have good faith in our project as well. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete