Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week One of Film Noir

As of right now, I am very satisfied with the progress my partner and I have made on our treatment.  After first writing both of our treatments, my partner and I decided to work with my treatment but add twists and ideas that also combine elements of her treatment.  On our first night of work, we had to switch the entire plot into a realistic high school scenario, it was difficult to make the plot move in a sensible way, but we got a lot done.
For the next days we developed our story, as we had more ideas we added.  Our ultimate goal was to make the plot as twisted as possible, but also PG enough for a school project.  We had to really analyze and go into depths of why each character behaved the way they did, the reasoning for this and that, and so on.  We had a basic story line, we just needed to add the details to the plot so that the noir theme could be present.

My partner had then told me that we had to work on a pitch for our film, and my first idea was to do a teaser.  Unfortunately, we only had so much time so we decided not to do that.  My partner and I both agreed that we wanted to have some kind of visual to make our pitch more appealing, so I made a quick and simple character map along with a short character analysis.  When it came to actually pitching, we made a couple lines to share up, but either way we had to give away our story.
For the next few days we'll be working on putting together a noir scene, which I am excited for.  We can practice making the noir feeling in this scene, and if I get any ideas along the way I plan to use it in my current film.
Everything has been easy-going, so far, but I don't want to make any assumptions for the future.  Working with my partner has been a breeze, we both can agree easily with one another, and can openly develop ideas without having to worry about anything personal.  So far so good, but let's see how next week unrolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment